LASIK is a modern microsurgical vision correction procedure using an excimer laser, which has been successfully performed for a number of years by specialists of Dr. Kurenkov’s Eye Center.
LASIK is the English acronym for “laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis”, which points to laser evaporation of the corneal tissue. This method allows changing the refractive power of the cornea and improving visual acuity.
LASIK is a surgery technique aimed at vision correction
- Formation of a flap on a peduncle of the superficial corneal tissue.
- Displacement of the flap to access the stroma.
- Partial evaporation of the stroma using laser equipment.
- Placing the corneal flap to its original position.
Indications for LASIK:
- myopia (up to -11 D);
- hypermetropia (up to +6 D);
This vision correction surgery is minimally invasive, bloodless and does not take much time (about 15 minutes). This makes LASIK suitable for a wide range of patients. The cost of LASIK is not high.
Differences between LASIK and PRK
LASIK is a modification of photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), which was proposed in 1995 and was the first method of laser vision correction.
- Removal of the corneal epithelium;
- Laser ablation (evaporation) of the corneal stroma.
The principal difference between PRK and LASIK is that the surgeon does not leave a «valve» of the corneal tissues. This extends the period of recovery and limits the possibility of correction of refractive errors.
Advantages of LASIK as compared to PRK:
- good predictability of results;
- possibility to use this procedure for almost any refractive error;
- short recovery period;
- short-term and simple restrictions after surgery;
- long-term supervision in the postoperative period is unnecessary.
Contraindications to LASIK
- pregnancy and lactation;
- inflammatory diseases of the eye;
- general inflammation and colds;
- progressive nearsightedness;
- age under 18 years.
- not enough corneal thickness;
- progressive myopia;
- advanced glaucoma;
- retinal detachment in the medical history;
- severe herpetic keratitis;
- somatic diseases in the stage of decompensation.
High-precision equipment used at the eye center enables high-quality preoperative diagnosis with modern methods to minimize the risk of possible complications.
To find out the price of LASIK or make an appointment with a specialist of Dr. Kurenkov’s Clinic, please call 8 (495) 781-9333 or use the online form.
The price of LASIK laser vision correction starts from 26,000 rubles! The price includes: visual inspection on the day of the surgery; the surgery itself using foreign expendable materials; an individual set of disposable clothes; medicines (drops) used after the surgery; and 4 postoperative examinations!
Cure short-sightedness no problem-Call Center Dr. KurenkovaVylečit′ eye surgery myopia no problem-Call Center Dr. KurenkovaVylečit′ eye surgery myopia no problem-Call Center surgery eye doctor Kurenkova