Treatment of farsightedness at an affordable price in Moscow
Farsightedness (hyperopia) – is one of the refractive errors when the image is focused behind the retina..
There are 3 degrees of hyperopia:
- low (less than 2 diopters);
- medium (2 to 5 diopters);
- high (over 5 diopters).
There are 3 main causes of farsightedness:
- congenital or acquired weakness of the refractive apparatus;
- shortened anterior-posterior axis of the eye;
- combination of both factors.
For newborns farsightedness is a natural physiological condition caused by a small anterior-posterior axis, so it does not require treatment.
People after forty years of age suffer from presbyopia (age-related farsightedness) — pathology of refraction, in case of which it is impossible to see the small print or a small object from close range. Lens tissue thickens, dehydrates and loses elasticity, which leads to deterioration of accommodation. Specific treatment of farsightedness is not required. It is sufficient to wear weak + glasses for near vision.
How is farsightedness diagnosed?
Farsightedness can be diagnosed by the following symptoms:
- fuzzy near vision;
- blurred vision when viewing objects far away (high degree);
- frequent inflammatory diseases of the eyelids, conjunctivitis, dry eye syndrome, etc.;
- accommodative asthenopia, i.e. rapid fatigue and headaches while reading;
- in children – concomitant strabismus.
There are several ways to diagnose hyperopia:
- glass examination (using the strongest collective lens through which a person sees the best);
- skiascopy (observation of the light spot movement in the pupil with rotated ophthalmoscopic mirror);
- refractometry (measurement of refraction with the help of special devices – refractometers).
A complete eye examination is performed to detect hyperopia, the degree of its development and to prescribe treatment..
Correction of farsightedness
If the disease is not severe, the visual acuity is preserved and there is no accommodative asthenopia, correction is not required. If the visual acuity is reduced, it is recommended to use reading glasses. Medium and high hyperopia requires constant wearing of glasses or contact lenses.
Surgical treatment of farsightedness
Treatment depends on the degree of farsightedness:
- low degree: REIK;
- medium degree: REIK, phakic lens implantation (PRL), transparent lens phacoemulsification with implantation of a multifocal intraocular lens;
- high degree: transparent lens phacoemulsification with implantation of a multifocal intraocular lens;
REIK, and LASIK, are types of refractive surgery in case of hyperopia. REIK was created by Professor Kurenkov and is successfully applied in our eye clinic.
REIK – is the best combination of excimer laser keratectomy, microsurgical technique of treatment and scientific findings. With the help of microkeratome, a flap is formed of the epithelial layer of the cornea, which is then folded in a special way. After ablation (laser action), it is placed back, while the eye is bathed with a special saline. It helps to avoid deformation and contamination..
Treatment of hyperopia by implantation of a silicone phakic lens (PRL) is performed in case of impossibility of laser correction. A phakic lens is implanted in the anterior or posterior chamber of the eye without disrupting the anatomical relationships between the parts of the refractive apparatus and without impeding the flow of intraocular fluid. If the patient has a large lens or a high degree of farsightedness, the surgery of choice is transparent lens phacoemulsification with implantation of a multifocal intraocular lens. This surgery has become increasingly popular in the treatment of presbyopia worldwide.
Benefits of such treatment of hyperopia
REIK and phakic lens implantation (PRL) do not require a long preoperative preparation. They have a number of advantages:
- the anatomical structure of the cornea is not disrupted and there is no cosmetic disfigurement;
- accurate prediction of the treatment outcome;
- safe and painless procedures;
- possibility of operating both eyes in 24 hours;
- no need for bandaging;
- stable result.
Treatment of hyperopia and other eye diseases in Doctor Kurenkov’s Clinic in Moscow helps to get back the maximum possible visual acuity, so you can read, watch TV and work on the computer without glasses..
To learn about prices, methods of treatment and to make an appointment, please call Doctor Kurenkov’s Clinic: +7 (495) 781-9333.
The price of treatment of hyperopia by REIK starts from 41,000 rubles